Shotcrete Africa SCP
Shotcrete Africa SCP is a Level 3 BBBEE QSE that offers civil concrete structural construction services.
We make use of the wet & dry shotcrete (gunite) method of sprayed concrete to offer an economical and sustainable solution to your concrete placement needs.
We provide the expertise, quality and professionalism for you, the client, to specify your idea/requirments and leave the rest to us.
We work throughout Southern Africa.
OUR SKILLED TEAM CONSISTS OF:
- Trained nozzle men and air lance operators who understand the importance of the water to cement mix ratio and the consequences of rebound encasement.
- Cutters and finishers who are better described as concrete artists.
- Plant operators who can strip and repair a rig in best time, leading to less on site delays and maximum output.
- Management who take responsibility to deliver best quality every time, not only in the final product, but throughout the contract experience from tender through planning, professional health & safety, up to date equipment, a happy workforce and most importantly, a very satisfied client for life.
Our Management take responsibility to deliver best quality every time throughout the contract experience – from tender through planning, professional health & safety, up to date equipment, a happy workforce and most importantly, a very satisfied client for life.
The only professional sprayed concrete company in Africa
Our founder Dustin Strever is the only certified shotcrete craftsman and inspector in Africa. This certification involved travelling to the USA and spending a month on a variety of shotcrete sites working with recognised and certified industry experts.
Additional time was then spent in lectures and at the end of this 7 separate examinations with an 80% pass rate where required. These included practical and theory.
Theory includes cold and hot weather shotcreting, materials, admixtures, placement techniques, industry bad practice, equipment, safety and many other subjects.
The practical involved the spraying of panels in the vertical and overhead position. The panels where then cored and the quality, density and encapsulation of rebar was judged by the American Shotcrete Association.
As shotcrete is concrete all examinations and testing are overseen by the American Concrete Institute who then issue the certification.
The Shotcrete Process
We offer both wet & dry shotcrete (gunnite), selecting the process that lends it self best to site conditions. We work closely in conjunction with our material supply partners and can offer you a custom mix design with strengths from everyday 25mpa through to ultra-high strength 80mpa concrete..
Shotcrete can be used in almost any concrete project and typically results in significant savings of time and money. Get in touch and let’s see how we can work together.
The shotcrete process lends itself to:
- Retaining Walls using one sided formwork
- Canal linings
- Economical Concrete repair
- Tunnel linings
- Water features, reservoirs, sea walls and pools
- Silos – repair and new builds
- Skate parks
- Lateral support
- Embankment Stabilisation with fibre reinforced shotcrete or gunite
- Structural Concrete placement in Hard to reach, difficult access areas